Dungeness Crab and Peach Salad by Paul Cecconi, Brodo Kitchen
- 4 Okanagan peaches - blanched, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernel-charred in cast iron pan with a touch of canola oil
- 1 cup fresh dungeness crab meat
- 1 tbsp red onion - julienne
- 1 tsp fresh basil - chopped
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro - chopped
- 2 tbsps green onion - sliced fine
- 1/2 cup red pepper - roasted and small diced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsps rice vinegar
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & crushed black pepper to taste
-Lightly score bottom of peaches with an X.
-Place in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
-Using a slotted spoon remove peaches from boiling water and add to ice bath to stop the cooking.
Charred Corn Kernels
-Heat oil in cast iron pan on medium to high heat.
-Add corn and cook for 2-3 minutes.
-Remove from heat and set aside.
-Combine all ingredients gently in a bowl and season to taste.
-Serve with locally grown greens and pair with Stoneboat Rose Brut.